SenseAdapt works with most TFS templates out of the box and makes use of TFS's operational store to get data. When SenseAdapt gets historic data it stores this in a local database in the app_data folder so that future queries to TFS are faster.
To install SenseAdapt you would have received a zip file with the current version of SenseAdapt and a licence file.
SenseAdapt will quite happily site on a TFS Application Server for evaluation purposes. However we recommend that SenseAdapt for production purposes be installed on its own server with the following specifications
- Windows Server 2012
- Internet Information Server
- .NET 4.5.2
- At least 80gigs of disk space. Please note the disk space is used by SenseAdapts cache, if you have a smaller TFS installation SenseAdapt may not use much disk space
- 2 Core CPU
- 8 gigs of RAM
For more information on how SenseAdapt can be hosted, please see the following link Hosting Options
It is assumed that the person installing SenseAdapt has a basic knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Server.
Installing the SenseAdapt Website
The following will take you through the initial installation of SenseAdapt.
- Create a new website in Internet Information Server. SenseAdapt should install under any port.
- Once you have a directory for your new website unzip the contents of the supplied zip file into the directory
- In the root of your directory create an App_Data folder
- Give full access to the App_Data folder to the account the app pool is currently running under.
- Place the licence.lic file provided into this folder
If you are installing a StandAlone SenseAdapt server, you have the following configuration options available
After you have chosen one of the above installation options the next step is to check if your installation was successful. To do so navigate to the website you setup in IIS for SenseAdapt earlier, if you encounter problems you can visit the SenseAdapt diagnostics page
Installing SenseAdapt Cache Prime
You do not need SenseAdapt Cache prime in order to use SenseAdapt. However you may find that SenseAdapt is a lot faster with it setup. On a busy system with a lot of data we highly recommend installing it. You can find instruction on this here SenseAdapt_Cache_Prime
Considerations for future upgrades
SenseAdapt is regularly updated, to take advantage of our latest builds its advisable to have two sites setup for SenseAdapt to find out more please visit Testing SenseAdapt Upgrades.